Please wait while we load your content
Radyr Golf Club has been ranked inside Golf World’s Top 20 courses in Wales.
Established in 1902 and designed by the renowned architect Harry S Colt, the course is regarded as one of the finest layouts in the Principality. The parkland course is noted not only for its greens and course condition and the challenge it presents to golfers, but also for the fabulous views over the City of Cardiff, The Vale of Glamorgan and the Bristol Channel.
Everyone connected with the club, recognises this as a fantastic achievement for Radyr which can be attributed to the recent investment and improvements in the course over recent years including the addition of a new tee which has transformed the 5th hole into a 502 yard par 5.
Course Manager Julian Doughty and his team have been instrumental in presenting the course in fantastic condition throughout the season which has resulted in acclaim from both members and visitors. The greens have been rated some of the best putting surfaces in Wales and are always a topic of discussion for visiting groups.
Wales’ first ever professional tournament was held at Radyr in the early 1904 and in 2015 the Club welcomed back professional golf as it hosted the prestigious Welsh National PGA Championship for the 6th time.
In recent years, both the Glamorgan Golf Union and Golf Union of Wales have chosen Radyr to host major championships including the 2012 Girls Home Internationals, Welsh Youths and the Glamorgan Men’s County Championship.
Featuring five par 3s and three par 5s, the par 70 course with small and undulating greens, has a number of signature holes which test golfers of all abilities. These include the recently extended 5th hole and Par 4 9th hole in addition to the stunning par 3 12th and 14th holes.
The club is a favourite venue for societies and visitors with many returning annually due to the warm welcome they receive.
- Number of holes18
- Course TypeParkland
- Founded in1902
- Pro ShopYes
- Driving RangeYes
- Practice GreenYes
- Club HireYes
- Trolley HireYes
- Electric Trolley HireYes
- Buggy HireNo
- Handicap certificate required to playNo
There are no events posted yet. Make sure you come back shortly!
Our Twitter Feed
- RT @wales_golf: It’s a touch damp here at @radyrgolf but the course is in superb condition and we look forward to the competition g… https://t.co/6J6h6Y5aTL, May 25
- Advertisement for the position of Club Manager at Radyr Golf Club https://t.co/rtpn0grt8j, May 16
- RT @JiffyRugby: Played @radyrgolf in absolutely fantastic condition. Well beaten by @emanuelrob (before you ask for the score!😂, May 15
- We are proud to be hosting the next @Glamorgan_G_U OOM event. Enter the 2018 H S Colt Cup online today as spaces ar… https://t.co/aJlUHtUWch, May 14
- Good luck to all those competing in today’s club championship....great weather for it☀️⛳️ https://t.co/2Txpj1SYl1, May 13
There are no news posted yet. Make sure you come back shortly!
No older posts to show.
No older posts to show.
Our recent testimonials
Many thanks for reading.
Not found any Testimonials
|PLAYER NAME||TEE MARKER||HOLES||GROSS||NET||HOLE IN ONE||DATE RECORDED|
|Sian Elin Jones||Red Tees||18||79||66||No||2017051414/05/2017|
|Derek Bird||Yellow Tees||18||89||72||No||2016041414/04/2016|
|Ian Flower||White Tees||18||69||72||No||2016072323/07/2016|
|Ian Flower||White Tees||18||71||74||No||2017071616/07/2017|
|Thomas Griffiths||Yellow Tees||18||95||75||No||2016041515/04/2016|